The twin propeller system can give more thrust than a single propeller system in the same tunnel diameter. This is our choice for our mid-range models where high thrust is required in a small tunnel diameter. Due to the compact design and high performance, the twin models have become the thrusters of choice among boat builders around the world.
The new 5 blade special skew propellers are the result of over 2 years of development work and thousands of tests. They have been designed to reduce the noise level, while maintaining the exceptional efficiency of the old 4 blade Side-Power propellers. This goal was achieved, and we even chose to make them a little bit more aggressive on some models, increasing the thrust on some thrusters about 5%. Please see individual information on each new thruster for more details.
- Noise reductions of up to 75% measured in controlled environments
- The expected and tested normal noise reduction in average installations: 20-40%
- Will be delivered on all Side-Power models except models with 300mm and 385mm tunnel diameter
- Upgrade kits are available for most SP series thrusters with special adaptors
IGNITION PROTECTED AND SPLASH PROOF
To provide reliable and safe thruster installations in more boats, we offer modified versions of our DC electric thrusters in watertight housings for use in stern and other locations that may get wet or be exposed to gasoline fumes. These thrusters are fully ignition protected (ISO 8846) for use in boats with gasoline engines. They have a hermetically sealed composite housing around all electric parts. This provides the ignition protection as no gasoline fumes can enter and be ignited by sparks.
The other advantage is that the electric parts that could be damaged by water are also covered and protected, making these thrusters the ideal choice for other stern thruster installations where it is difficult to ensure that the thruster will always remain dry.
A properly engineered single propeller system will be the most energy efficient thruster. Its compact design fits easily into narrow bows making it the perfect match for our smaller models. With more than 60.000 single propeller thrusters in use, the Sidepower single series system has proven its reliability.
SEALED DRIVE - LIFETIME LUBRICATED
Sealed gearleg with long-life "mechanical" seal where highly polished ceramic and carbon surfaces form the only moving sealing surfaces, ensuring protection against damaging water intrusion into the gear leg. Pre-filled with special gear oil for lifetime lubrication.
"Mechanical" seals with surfaces of ceramic and carbon for ultimate security against water intrusion
S-link is a "CAN" based control system with full intelligent communication between all units in the system, much like a computer network.
Main advantages include:
- Round, compact and waterproof connectors with unique keying and color coding to avoid faulty hookup
- Unlimited number of commands or information transferred on a single cable
- User feedback at panel
- Intelligent troubleshooting
The gearhouse / drive legs of most Side-Power DC Electric thrusters are now fully galvanically isolated / separated from the electric motor and motor bracket. This ensures that even if there is an accidental short circuit or a current leak for other reasons, the immersed parts are not effected as they could be with direct electric contact.
- Achieved by composite bushings around the bolts and beneath the washers and a bushing in the motor bracket electrically isolating the drive housing from the motor bracket.
- Available on DC electric models with flexible couplers only, where the flexible coupler provides galvanic separation of the motor and gearleg shaft.